The VERBA KZB family feeder with special lowered trough is a very popular and unique pig feeder for farrowing pens for sows with piglets. It’s easily accessible for both sows and the nursery piglets. During their first weeks, the piglets learn to eat from the mother just like in nature. After weaning, the piglets no longer have to learn where to get their food from, and how the feeding trough works. The KZB feeder therefore has a low trough, and the dosing system is at a height that allows both the sow and the piglets to operate it. The best dose is 4 g per movement.
Guarantee: 3 Years on construction- and material faults; drinking nipples 1 year on construction faults. Drinking nipples are only suited for water, not for additives.
- 1 Feeder for sow and piglets
- Manufactured from high quality type 304 stainless steel; Lapped and folded parts eliminate sharp edges
and strengthen wear points.
- ½” stainless steel water connection for the sow with male thread
- After a few days the piglets eat alongside the sow; saliva production starts
- No growth check at weaning
- Easy piglet transition from sows milk to solid feed
- Less pre-starter required
- Piglets reach target weight one week earlier
- At the end of the suckling period, the piglets are already used to solid feed
- Unique and very popular feeder for farrowing pens
- Best price/quality ratio in the market