Variomix is a computer-controlled feeder for finishers and piglets. It was launched by VERBA in 1996.
There are different types and models of Variomix feeders for both dry and liquid feed. All Variomix models are computer-controlled with their own feed curve or connected to your system.
To find out more about how your farm can benefit and for a quote, please contact us and we will be happy to visit you in person.
Guarantee: 7 Years on construction- and material faults; drinking nipples 1 year on construction faults. Drinking nipples are only suited for water, not for additives.
Feeding liquid feed from Vario-mix or using a long trough to growing finishing pigs, Praktijkonderzoek Varkenshouderij, source Proefverslag nummer P1.206:
- The group fed using the Vario-Mix feeder realised a significantly higher feed intake.
- Groups fed a liquid diet using the Vario-mix feeder tended to require fewer veterinary treatments due to oedema-disease.
- With Vario-mix you need less floor space so there can be held 1 fattening pig more each box.
- More flexibility with equipping box with Vario-mix.
- To control the animals, you are not depending on feeding times with Vario-mix.
Adrie van de Pas says that he is going to replace the liquid feed troughs for the Verba Variomix. "This way I can use extra m2 for my animals. Instead of 4 times 8 animals I can place now 2 times 19 fattening pigs. Each year I can deliver 750 fattening pigs more in the same stable."